December 16, 2005

A brisk 16 degrees

Last night was hopefully the last night that our neighbors will manage to totally ruin our night's sleep. They used a novel approach (not involving drunkeness), vacuuming at 12:30 am followed by idling a large diesel truck outside our window for 30 min, effectively keeping us awake and consuming enough gas to heat a smallish country. Because we had already gotten about 4 hours of sleep we were not able to get back to sleep until about 5 am. Much fun. I think they are pretty much gone now, though we are still getting a wireless signal so perhaps not... We got our DSL modem this afternoon and will hopefully have it and the wireless router installed shortly.
Today we recieved a light dusting of snow but it is so cold (in the teens) that it just blows right off the roads. We took a walk to campus again today in hopes of getting things started but spending time in this lovely brisk weather may only be reinforcing his wishes to remain inside where it is warm. I think this evening will probably be drinking hot cocoa and watching movies that require little to no intellectual exertion, prove to Layden that it is entirely possible to be warm and lazy outside the womb too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea and Oli;
I'm sure glad you are getting your computer connection soon. I've gotten so I depend on your blog as my main source of info about you and the baby. I hope you are getting my comments now.

Anyway It's hard to understand such inconsiderate neighbors and I'm so glad they are leaving! Hopefully some good people will move in now. Hope you can get all the sleep you need before Layden comes into your life. Joy