December 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

For those of you who can't wait until I have something more interesting to talk about, I'm still pregnant.
Also important to know: don't use anything but wheat flour in pie crust. Right now our flour is mixed with some barley flour and it just doesn't work out right. I made blackberry pie today for mom's birthday, any excuse to make pie is a good excuse. The bottom crust has got to be one of the ugliest pie crusts I have ever made. The top isn't bad because I decided to get creative and it is polka dots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!
I'll take responsibility for that barley bust- but at least it is healthy. Anyway being there with your special daughter should make up for the funny crust. Thanks for posting daily Chelsea I love hearing the latest! Joy