November 16, 2005

Overwhelmed

I just have too much to do right now. I have tests, homework, papers, grading, and office hours, which isn't bad and definitely handleable. But over these minor considerations looms my honors thesis project and the birth of my son. I have next to nothing done on my thesis, which eventually must somehow morph into a 20 page paper and a 15+ min presentation and, sadly, they won't give me a diploma unless I do a thesis project. I do have until the seventh week of next semester to finish (so early march sometime) but between now and then Layden will arrive. From what I hear that will effectively cut my productivity by an order of magnitude or so. I also have a serious case of senioritis. I am about 4 weeks away from being done with a bachelors (minus diploma til I do my thesis) after over 16 years of school. I am ready to be done, yesterday.
Well I guess that is enough complaining. I could go on but I will spare you. And I am afraid if I go on too long some of you might catch on to the fact that I am spending far too much time writing a blog when I could be decreasing the list of things I have to do. Though I actually can't do anymore on my thesis til I talk with my advisor, which is basically what is holding me up (not procrastination or laziness or anything like that).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

procrastination? laziness? you? bite your tongue! - Mom