November 16, 2005

Baby Sling

I finished making my prototype baby sling. The site where I got directions predicted it would take less than one hour, even for a beginner. It was wrong. It took me more than an hour just to do the sewing and there is only one seam and two edges to hem. Nor did taking an extra hour or two produce straight seams. Well, it isn't terribly impressive or pretty but it still hasn't been shown to be non-functional so that is something. I just need to get a hold of something relatively baby shaped with a decent amount of weight to test it before I will trust it with Layden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you could borrow Lucy or maybe you could have AK bring Koira for Thanksgiving - that could be interesting!

Anonymous said...

Very cool that you're making a sling--I poured money down the drain by buying on which I haven't yet been able to get either of my babies to enjoy. I had better luck with a front carrier....but not yet with Nathanael...he doesn't like it.