May 21, 2007

The writing is on the wall

IMG_8062.JPG IMG_8063.JPG
Well I am sick yet again, have been for the past few days. I guess this must be a particularily bad flu season or my immune system isn't as good as it usually is. And now Layden is sick too, runny nose, watering eyes, yawning and a bit of a fever. All that didn't stop him from digging up a permanent marker and writing on the wall. Yesterday he accomplished the same thing in the kitchen but with a pink colored pencil. He is quite the artist.
Oli got some rhubarb from a coworker and today I used a bit of it to make Rhubarb Cream Delight. Shortbread sort of crust, then a layer of rhubarb, then a layer of cheesecake type stuff and finally a sourcream/sugar topping. I thought it sounded decadent, I haven't tried it yet but I hope it will taste decadent too.
Now we are watching The Rescuers Down Under because that is all either of us is up to. It was one of my favorites as a kid. It seems so different now. Layden seems to be enjoying it OK, inspite of the snuffling and fever and tiredness.

3 comments:

ktdodat said...

Alissa's comment when she looked at Layden's artwork was that "really bad flu season" usually translates to "oops, I'm pregnant" and that breastfeeding isn't the world's most effective birth control... :) I could start a nice rumor...

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea-
We are going to try our best to see you guys this weekend! I know what you mean about being sick. This is my second or third flu this season. They're just getting more resiliant! Okay, well I'll call you and let you know what's going on. Nice artwork by the way on the wall :)
Shanell

Chelsea said...

Ha ha Katie. I hadn't realized that clogged sinuses were a common symptom of pregnancy. Especially if the husband and son have clogged sinuses at the same time.