March 29, 2007

2 miles

<span class=
Slow day today. It was nice. I did a little work on the trench, it is about ready for gravel but we have some concrete to chip out of the way. Then I laid in the sun while Layden played outside with Tristan. I talked with Sarah a bit. Then Layden took a late nap, I ate lunch and worked on my thesis. Lynda and I took a 5 mileish walk. We had discussed driving down our dirt road to figure out the two mile mark. Then what do we walk past but a 2 mile marker. "2 miles" it says. I wonder where it has been hiding.
Tomorrow we head over to Olalla to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary on the 1st. Me and Layden will get up early to meet the Olson's in Spokane and carpool. Oli will sleep in and drive the truck over so we can pick up a bed frame.
Layden gave me my first real kiss yesterday. There was a smacking noise and everything. He doesn't kiss very often but when he does it is so sweet (and damp). He is getting much better at being upright. If stairs aren't too tall he can walk up and down them quite successfully. He has also managed to attain a speed that could be referred to as running without falling on his face. He really enjoys following Tristan and Evan around imitating them if possible. Today I caught Tristan putting dandelion leaves in Layden's hair, but Layden had thrown dirt at him earlier so I figure they are even (or Sarah and I are even). They seem to enjoy playing with him too and will call "baby come over here" or they will just come play in our yard, which is very exciting right now. Piles of dirt, holes, pile of rocks, big stack of blocks, mud, what more could boys ask for?

No comments: