February 12, 2007

Life is Beautiful

Today was beautiful. The sun was out, the temperature was in the 40s, and the light was that cool winter light that makes everything sharp and crisp. Layden and I walked down to the park and sat on the swing for a bit. I was so happy, just to sit on the swing, rocking back and forth, Layden's head resting against me. For a bit the light made everything beautiful and a bit unreal and I could hear the birds in the trees and the sounds of the trucks on Main faded away. Then a septic pump truck growled past the park and it was still nice but not the same. Layden seemed to enjoy the swinging but I may have kept it up too long, after we got home he spit up a little bit. He seems to prefer to go comando and if we let him wander about without pants then his diaper comes off.
Today I actually got something constructive done. I glued together the dishdrainer we made to put over the sink and I cleaned the counter and added more caulking. It feels good. When I wash dishes or sweep it feels good too, but never lasts. This is a permanent improvement.

No comments: