January 11, 2007

Oooh Shiny!

IMG_6525.JPG
These past few days have taught me that mothers should not be allowed to get sick. There should be some sort of law or something. We just can't afford it. If Oli gets sick he is either well enough to work (in which case he is miserable) but then he comes home I take care of him and he sleeps. If I get sick (especially since Oli was on night shift) I get to stay home, but I still have to work. Oli gets home and he needs his sleep during the day. Though both of the boys were very good to me. On the day I was sickest Oli stayed up for a bit and got the house back under control and Layden, locked in his room with me laying around on the bed, played happily on his own. Still, stay at home moms could really use paid sick leave. But I am feeling much better now and Oli has a couple of days off so life might return to the poor semblance of order that it formerly was.
We now have a working toilet upstairs and I have hopes that tomorrow we will have a working sink as well. Then we can get it all cleaned up and Layden can take a bath.
We have decided that Layden just will not take the kitty's no for an answer, so we will have to step in and give her a hand. He thinks she is the funnest thing since sliced bread and doesn't seem to mind at all when she swats him have he gives her tail a good tug. He cares minimally more when mommy gives him a swat and says no. Sure, sure, he cries, but put something shiny in his line of sight and he is quickly distracted. When we say gentle he'll give her (or us) a couple of nice pets but when she (or we) sits still for that he just gets so excited that it goes quickly downhill.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

such a precious jewel