January 29, 2007

Attention Span

IMG_6675.JPG
We spent the rest of the weekend storing up energy for the week ahead. Oli bought potato chips and beer and we watched a movie about the New York Times Crossword and read Jon Stewart's "America (The Book)". Layden, like today, took an early evening nap (he is still asleep) and we went to bed late. Today Oli started a set of evening shifts and Layden and I went to the library. Then we watched "The Pacifier" (predictable and not that great). If you are thinking that my life is pretty uneventful, that is because it is. I can live with that.
Layden's attention span is definitely getting longer. He sat still for most of the movie. It is a good thing we don't have TV or that would be a very tempting distraction. It is much more fun to watch him wander around the house babbling, pointing, and spreading chaos, occasionally spending some time rolling around on the floor with him or playing fetch. I may start volunteering at the library if they need anything that is suitable for my skills, such as they are. Now that Layden doesn't mind me leaving for a bit now and then I have been thinking I need to find some extracurricular activities. Perhaps I will looking into volunteering at the high school, depending on how my thesis project is going.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

the crossword movie is good.