September 15, 2006

"Big-big-big-big-big-big-big"


Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have excuses though. Last weekend Layden and I visited my parents. The official reason for the trip was so that I could use Jake's computer to edit and organize the photo's from Erick and Shanelle's wedding (the book I had printed arrived today and it is very cool, if I do say so myself, which I do). His computer has a much larger screen (20" vs 12") is ever so much better and fancy in many more ways.
I also brought Bruce with me and he will be living with Jakob for a bit. Jake is currently canvasing for support in getting my parents to take him to the pet store. Bruce may be getting a bigger tank and some fishy friends/food. I also needed new pants (my old ones were too big, yay for breast feeding) and Old Navy's seem to fit the best.
I visited with Liz and Mark who have an italian plum tree in their yard that was just dripping with plums. So I brought a bag home to eat and left a couple bags with my mum to dry. She has since gone over there twice to get more plums so we should have lots of home dried prunes this winter.
Layden seemed to enjoy his visit and Grammy bought him a cute onsie with a hedgehog on it and a very cute hat. He is still very excited about Lucy and Lucy is still very not excited about him. But she is much better behaved about it and I not longer fear turning my back on the two of them so much. While we were out shopping we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream, very yummy, but not as excited as I had been led to believe. Maybe I just didn't get the right toppings mixed. Anyway, it was busy so we ate out in the car. Layden stood at the steering wheel happy as a clam. I foresee real troubles when he hits 16. At one point he put one fist in the air and with great determination and seriousness announced his intention to rule the world, "Big-big-big-big-big-big-big".
Last night I used that fancy stroller we got for the first time. First we went down a gravel road along the river, complete with washboard, and Layden went right to sleep. I had him all bundled up with a blanket on him because it was a bit nippy out (50ish). Then he pushed the blanket out of the stroller so I had to tuck it back on. We turned around because it was getting dark, reached downtown, and guess who didn't have his blanket anymore. We had to go back with the car and get it. Sadly he wore his hat the day before and at some point threw it on the ground. It was never recovered.
We now have a real living room upstairs. A couple of recliners, a futon, a rug, a desk, stereo cabinet, yet it still feels so temporary and unfinished. Maybe once we get some art on the walls it will be better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't write those notes; Bruce did.

Chelsea said...

Sorry.
Correction: Bruce wrote those notes to assist Jakob in canvasing for support for a shopping trip.

Anonymous said...

This is true. I have tried to be instumental in Jakob's plans to shop for me.

Anonymous said...

Now who is the puppet master? Jakob or Bruce? - Mom