August 4, 2006

Kitchen! Pictures!

Daikon Boy Mmm Watermelon
Lovely new flash
We are so very, very close to having a fully functioning kitchen. The countertop is done, the backsplash is grouted, the floor is tiled and sealed, the trim is painted, the cabinets are painted. So very close. Tonight we will hook up the stove and tomorrow... eggs for breakfast.
More exciting for the rest of you the camera cord has been located and there are new pictures online. We also have a lovely new flash so pictures of Layden indoors will be of much higher quality.
My parents are arriving tonight and tomorrow we will be going to our friends wedding in Spokane. It is a little scary because we are the official wedding photographers (the main reason we got the flash at this time). They are putting their future memories of this momentous occasion in our hands. Unwise? Perhaps.
Yesterday was our third anniversary. Three years, four moves, one baby. We decided we would go out to dinner somewhere nice to celebrate and Al and Mimi agreed to watch Layden for us. So we dropped Layden off and headed over to Moscow, planning on going to The Red Door. They were on vacation. We head to Basilio's. Closed and now a breakfast place. Brand new French restaurant. Not opened on schedule. So we head back to Pullman. We go to Swilly's. Delicious. Oli had salmon with grilled asparagus (I knew he would order that as soon as we heard it was the special). I had brazilian seafood stew, very, very yummy. There were prawns and mussels and mahi mahi and a tomato curry sauce, so good. So good. I had white zinfandel, Oli had reisling. The food was good, the conversation was good, we weren't occupied running interference with Layden. It was a wonderful adult meal and I only thought about Layden and worried that he needed me every 5 minutes or so. Is he depedent on me or am I dependent on him?
We had tiramisu for dessert and then headed back to Al and Mimi's. As we pulled in to the parking lot they were out there with Layden already. Immediately I think, oh no, he was so bad that they are out here in the parking lot waiting so they can get rid of him that much sooner. Then I notice he is asleep. They had just gone for a walk outside. They said they would watch him again anytime, so I guess he can't have been too bad.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love my sister. Happy anniversary! I thought of you today when I got the Spirt of Life newsletter and saw your anniversary under the important dates. I leave the 18th for the Yukon and you (and everyone) will get a call before I take off. Know that you are loved and that I'm proud of you. I'm proud and scared. Scared that you are only two and a half years older than I am.
luvs...