August 13, 2006

Furniture


Well we now have atleast one item of furniture to put in our living room. Yesterday Al and Mimi stopped by since they had gone to a couple of yard sales in Colfax. I mentioned we needed furniture, they mentioned a couch/loveseat set. Well the set wasn't quite to our taste (black-with-mountain scene-velour) but they had a futon there for $5. Al and Mimi bought the futon set since they liked it better than there old one and gave the old one to us. We tightened some bolts and such and it is working pretty good, it is missing one screw which we will need to replace. While I was in Pullman dropping off the new futon and picking up the old one I stopped by an estate sale. There was of course many many things some quite nice. Layden got a little stuffed kangaroo and a yardstick, not sure which he enjoyed more. I got an old first aid kit (included smelling salts and an antiseptic containing phenol) and a couple of throw rugs for the kitchen (see above).
Layden really likes lemons right now. I gave him a slice to see what he thought and he was angry when I took it away, never mind all the pained looks he made while sucking on it. Currently he is trying his very best to get into Bruce's tank. Now he is grumpy, so off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that someone told me that lemon juice is bad for the enamel on the teeth so you might want to watch the amount of lemons he gets - YELAK

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard that too actually, from multiple people.
-Shanell

Chelsea said...

I already knew that it was bad for the teeth because I used to like to get the little "real lemon" lemons and suck on them. But I figure one time won't hurt his little teeth, he doesn't get to keep them anyway.