June 27, 2006

6 months

Well Layden you made it to 6 months. You just keep getting cuter but more excitingly you get more and more interesting. You understand more of what is going around you and are really starting to like your daddy. You always have a smile for your daddy. You may be fussy and teething for mommy but daddy comes home, you sit up, smile, and then lay down with him and take a nap.
You are so close to crawling it is scary. As it is you might as well be crawling, you move at a pretty good clip. Whenever I set you down you quickly scan the room and as soon as a non-toy object crosses your line of sight your direction is chosen. Full speed ahead. You will scoot right on past any toys. Toys are only any good after you have totally ransacked a room for any non-toy objects. Papers is great, boxes are better and if you really shouldn't be chewing on it that is best. It is quite impressive how you can find even the smallest object of interest a room.
You have an ever increasing repertoire of facial expressions. You have also learned how to use them at will. I expecially like your grimace. You look so mean and angry but you are just having fun. You also have started screaming and yelling like a banshee in pure excitement.
I love it when you laugh, it is such a happy sound that I can't help but laugh. When you are hurt it hurts me too. When you were born 6 months seemed so far away and I was so excited and impatient for you to grow. Now I am not so sure because now the day when you aren't my little one anymore seems not so far away.

No comments: