April 2, 2006

Tigger


Yesterday Bob was over from the Seattle area and we got together for lunch at the Thai restaurant. We were originally meeting at 12:15 at the chinese restaurant, so I got there at 12:10 and around 12:30 I decided to go home and call to see what was up (this is where a cell phone would be real handy). Upon reaching the car I look in and see my keys lying on the drivers seat. The doors are of course locked. So I had to call Oli, wake the poor guy up and ask him to bring me keys. Actually it was techinically Oli's keys locked in the car. I had not been able to find mine that morning and unfortunately he was also unable to find them. Luckily though, the restaurant I was at was just down the hill from our house, unluckily it was raining, hard, with snow mixed in. Lisa arrived just as Oli showed up, it turns out that Bob called her at 5:30 that morning to say we would be meeting at 2:00 rather than 12:15, she told him to call me, he didn't. Well anyway, to make a long story short, we met at the Thai place at 2:15 and Bob gave Layden this very cute stuffed Tigger and an outfit for when he is a bit older.
Layden is starting to really enjoy his toys. Mostly he just enjoys slobbering on them but he does spend some time looking at them as well. Though he may just be studying them to determine the best way to shove them into his mouth. Unfortunately his coordination does not live up to his planning and the biggest end always ends up nearest his mouth.
He really, really wants to roll over from back to front and after trying for a bit will become very irate because it just doesn't work. He gets the butt all the way over but then his bottom arm gets in the way and he can't complete the roll. He is becoming more self sufficient, which is nice. I can now leave him for a bit on the floor with one of his toys and he can actually be content for a decent period of time. Diapers also upset him a bit less, only about 1 in 3 wet diapers result in tearful complaints now. And I can also distract him from being upset so he doesn't feel the need to scream through the entire diaper change.
Even though he grows so fast it is still gradual enough that I don't really realize how different it is until I think about it. Especially, considering he just gets gradually more and more wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His legs are getting so long! I miss him so much we will need to see him again one of these days! - Grammy