March 29, 2006

Visiting Joy and Frank

Well we got our new power cord so pictures are back. We visited Joy and Frank Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, our longest car ride so far. The ride over went well but on the way back we were about 4 hours into the trip when we stopped and he was so happy to be out of his carseat. He kept smiling. Then when we got home he was so happy, he smiled and smiled and smiled. He would look up from eating and just smile. I am glad his reaction was to be happy to get out of the car rather than be grumpy that he wasn't out sooner.
We had a nice visit with Joy and Frank. Layden was of course universally loved and admired. Joy very much enjoyed the visit and is talking about making him a skunk skin cap, I think that would just be the cutest thing, little stinker. Oli, Frank and I shot clay pigeons. I amazed myself, actually hitting not just some but more than half. I guess that would be explained by the lovely spread the shot makes. It was pretty fun. Then we tried out the bows but I was not so good at that, Oli was pretty good but my bow is a bit strong. It takes all my concentration just to pull the string back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back doing blogs - I've missed them - keeping up on all of you and an added bonus of occasional pictures of my boy with your boy - Aunt Karla