March 1, 2006

Goo

Layden is doing well and does not seem to have minded his shots too terribly much. He as been a little more fussy and taking more naps but all in all not much change. He is enjoying his little chair and so am I. I can actually get some dishes done on a regular basis, they aren't so bad when it is one dishdrainer full a day.
We were supposed to be seeing the pictures we had taken last Friday but when we arrived at 11:00 this morning (about 2 hrs of sleep for Oli) we discovered that when the photographer scheduled us he forgot to put it in the calendar so we had to reschedule and will be going in next Tuesday afternoon.
I watched the new version of Pride and Prejudice today and I have to say I liked the BBC version much better. Not much of a surprise, you have to give up alot when going from 5 hrs to 2. It lost a lot of the humor and just wasn't the same, less depth or something. Also, the new Mr. Darcy just isn't as good looking, since you spend a good bit of the movie looking at him this is an important factor.
Layden and I took a nice walk up to the park today, though it had to be cut a bit short because he got hungry. He is becoming more and more his own person with his own personality, rather than just a generic baby. Last night he was having a bit of trouble getting to sleep so I started singing Müde bin Ich and he started smiling and spent the whole time looking at my face. Babies really know how to turn one's insides into a puddle of goo resulting in a physiological chain reaction that ends with your heart in their tiny fist and the rest of you wrapped around their little finger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome!!! So I have some extremely awesome news!! Erick and I are getting married on Monday at 5pm at the courthouse!
Love Shanell

Anonymous said...

Chelsea;
It is so wonderful watching Layden grow through your photos and reading about all the little changes he is going through. I would love so much to hold him! Give him a kiss for me please.
Love;
Mom Joy