March 12, 2006

Brita's Birthday

Big weekend behind us. Layden, Dieter and I made the trip up to Sandpoint for Brita's 13th birthday on Friday. We were a surprise. First Dieter surprised her, telling her he was picking her up in their mom's car because his was acting up. Then Layden and I were a surprise when she got home (Layden of course being the exciting part of the surprise). She even got surprised with an ice cream pie. Her comment was "This is a surprise isn't it?". We played a lot of pinocle with Jens and Brita. Dieter even got 1000 aces. Layden did pretty well on the car ride. Both trips he was a little fussy the last 30 miles or so, but not bad.
We got home about 4:30 yesterday and at 5:30 Lisa called: "Where are you?" "At home." "Why aren't you here?" "Huh?" (I am so articulate) "Remember dinner 5:00?" "Oops, I thought that was next week." So I made it over there by 5:45 so now Liz and Mark say that won't accept having a baby as an excuse for being really late anymore since I made it in 15 min. We had some yummy zucchini pasta casserole and Layden got a little stuff white tiger and a superman cape, it is a bit big but very cute. Lisa and Magnus have a few cats and one of them, Jetta, Lisa, Jamie and I got as a kitten when we were living together. Jetta, sees Layden, slinks up, sniffs him and in general seems very unsure of what to think. Then she starts growling, I have never heard a cat growl like that before, but Jetta is a bit strange anyway so I am not too surprised.

No comments: