February 5, 2006

French Lady and her husband Ed

Today I realized that I no longer feel totally sleep deprived and it is wonderful. We went for a little walk today while the sun lasted. We said hello to our french lady neighbor and her husband Ed. Ed said "She is very pretty" then looked embarassed when the french lady (no I don't remember her name) informed him Layden is a boy. She also offered to take care of him in case of emergency.
I realized today that Layden fits in his little slippers already and will probably outgrow them soon. Not sure why babies this small need slippers but they are cute.
Dieter is off at a friend's house studying, watching the Superbowl and studying. I, on the other hand am going to be horribly un-American and not watch the Superbowl. I don't like football, we don't get that channel (we don't get any channels, also un-American), and I haven't done any of my grading yet. So instead I will be watching movies with Layden, grading chemistry quizzes and possibly driking some wine (slightly American but not as American as beer). I am even greater a failure as my state's team is in the bowl for the first time ever.

No comments: