February 6, 2006

Chance Meetings

Busy day today. Layden and I took the bus on campus to drop off some quizzes and saw Al and Mimi in the Chem lounge. Then we stopped by Owen library so Layden could have a little snack and get his diaper changed. Then we went to the Pullman Library to pick up something new to watch while I finish grading. Layden was being so good that we also stopped by Goodwill and the Daily Grind. I almost didn't stop by the Daily Grind but I am glad I did because Tammy was there. Tammy moved to Nebraska while we were living in Yakima so I haven't seen her for over a year. Dr. Kardong picked her up so I got to say hello to him too. This confirms that when I have the urge to get some coffee it is divinely inspired and I should listen. Layden is still sleeping so I figured I should type this up while I still have the use of both hands.
Oli made banana bread last night and had gotten some dried cranberries to put in it. He dumped some in and mixed it up then tried some. Turns out they are cherry flavored dried cranberries. Why anyone would do that to a poor innocent cranberry is beyond me, especially considering they also sell dried cherries. Oli was rather upset, I don't think Ocean Spray will be getting too much business from him for a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but where is my picture!

Anonymous said...

Where is my cute picture fix of the day?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's also orange flavored cranberries. I'm with you, if we'd want something flavored with something else, don't you think we'd buy dried cherries, or oranges?!? That banana bread sounds good though..with the right kind of cranberries. Anyway Layden is so beautiful! And I'm so glad things are finally settling down with his schedules!
Shanell :-D

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talking about! - Mom