January 5, 2006

Two Weeks

Today Layden is 2 weeks old. It seems so much longer than that, and not all in a bad way. To mark the occasion he had a bath. I don't think it is the way he would have chosen to celebrate. He even managed to wake daddy up with his screaming, causing him to get up and make sure I wasn't cutting the frenulum myself with a dull knife. We have an appointment for next Wednesday with the doctor and hopefully that will help. Every trick I learn only works so long and never at night. I am sure that is mostly my fault, I am not at my best at three AM. Tonight is Oli's last at work for this set, I am really looking forward to him being home and awake when I am. It gets a bit lonely around here, just me and Layden. Today went fairly well though, the Tercel is now officially sold and has been turned over to its new owner. Now if someone hits it it isn't my problem.
The house has been a bit neglected lately and it shows. Oh well, I am only human and never was too great at house work. Once Layden settles down a bit I will have to see what I can do, but until then I will just spend as little time in the kitchen as possible :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it seems like more than 2 weeks! And I haven't seen him for almost a week - much too long! - Mom

Anonymous said...

I can tell you are doing a great job. You know what our babies' doctor told us the last time we were there? She said that the sign of a good mother is a messy house. What a relief! It is only 2 weeks--and you underwent surgery, so take it easy on yourself. I know it's tough when you're tired; between Nathanael's normal nursing/diaper changes at night, and William's teething, and the two of them waking each other up, I've had very little sleep the last few nights. I keep dreaming of the future when I get to sleep all through the night! It will happen, won't it?-Jody