January 25, 2006

Long Night

Looks like it is going to be a long night. Layden has been fussy all day. I don't know what his problem is. Sure he had poo all over himself twice, but then so did I. You don't see me crying. Then he screamed whenever I laid him on the bed so I could get ready for bed, screamed, my ears are ringing. He also has adopted the habit of nursing only five minutes at a time. I have discovered how to make it through the harder nights with my sanity intact. The key is to not go to bed with intention or desire to sleep. That way whatever meager amount of sleep comes my way is a bonus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying a pacifier will probably not be a problem at this point so much as it would have been earlier on. It can cause nipple confusion but he does know where to get the milk so it shouldn't be so bad now and if it gives you some rest it is probably a good idea.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Just hang in there, Chelsea--I felt the same way (and still do occasionally)...then week 6 came and something clicked....a switch that made me feel human again....now, I'm not promising anymore sleep, but with both of my babies that week 6 seemed to be more than just the physical healing complete...it was also a turning point for me emotionally...now i'm just better able to deal with those sleepless nights and days. And here at almost 4 months with Nathanael, he seems to be settling into at least something that resembles a schedule occasionally so that I am able to get a few things done around the house. Hang in there!--Jody