January 13, 2006

Bath Time

Layden had another bath with mommy today. His hair is just too soft and tempting. It is always getting oily from everyone touching it. I added a fig leaf because I am not sure I would ever be able to forgive my mom if she posted a picture of my package, even as a baby, on the internet, for god's sake.
I am looking forward to the day when breastfeeding becomes the relaxing time it was touted to be, rather than an unpleasant session of chinese nipple torture and frustration in which time seems to stand still and I slowly become convinced that it wouldn't be so bad to have an only child. After all the world is crowded enough as it is and Oli was an only child and he turned out very well. Or in other words, we will not be having our second child any time soon if at all humanly possible. Then I remind myself that it has only been 3 weeks even if it seems like so much longer. I must be patient. Also I guess I have to give him time to realize that his tongue is much more flexible than it used to be.
Oli has his three days off again, hopefully with both of us home we will be able to make some progress on the house. I did manage to get all the ornaments off the tree and Dieter took the tree (gingerly, because it is vicious) outside. It is depressingly obvious that it has been sorely neglected because about half of the needles remain inside the house, enough that Dieter was actually able to sweep most of them up, off the carpet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you forget about the shot of the package in your flik'r files? Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Layden, you're so cute. I wish you lived closer so I could hold you again. You smell so good, like babies, which is a good thing I think.
Shanell