December 13, 2005

Whore Frost

We went and got an estimate on the Tercel damage today. $1137.98, refreakingdiculous. Of course only 164.90 of that is parts, the rest is labor. Plus the fact that there are other random things they want to do. For example "Blnd fuel door w/remote" I don't know what Blnd is and there is nothing wrong with the fuel door. They also want to "R&I" the window, which is also undamaged or close enough that it looks exactly like the other. Grr. They did suggest that we call the insurance company because it may be covered under uninsured motorist insurance and amazingly enough it is. Though of course you can't just call and ask that. You have to file a claim. You file the claim and they say "You don't have collision so it isn't covered." Then they say "Wait one second I want to check something... oops sorry, it is covered under uninsured motorist insurance (what I was originally asking about in the first place) but with a $300 deductible because it is hit and run." So in summary, insurance people are annoying but $300 is a heck of a lot better than $1137.98. Also at one point she says "I see you have been insured with us for two years, thank you for your business." Then silence... so I say "You're welcome?" and she starts going again.
We also need to set up an appointment with an assessor. So she asks for my zip code, I give her Pullman's, no results for offices, big suprise. So she asks for an alternate, I give her Moscow. She says that is zipcode for New Mexico, so I give her Colfax's, California. So we both give up and they will have to send someone over to assess it, who will be calling with in the next 24hrs to make an appt. I am hoping it is not really necessary that we are there for the appointment because I can see Layden deciding to arrive whenever the appointment is.
Pretty whore frost today (yes I know it is hoar frost but I think whore is more fun). Funny story from Oli about whore frost from his first year in the dorm. Aparently they had some Hawaiian students on his floor and one morning, before the first snow, they had some nice heavy whore frost and the Hawaiian students were so excited, thinking it was snow, that they were out making frost angels.
Still no baby. Dieter says I need to have him today, he is tired of waiting.

No comments: