December 13, 2005

Kick me... please

Had my doctor's appointment and basically not much is going on. Layden has dropped down a bit but there is no effacement and only about .75-1cm dilation. We did a non-stress test, basically testing to see if heart rate increases when he moves. After kicking all night last night he refused to kick for over an hour today. Highly unfortunate because that means I was lying on my back for over an hour, very uncomfortable. Tomorrow is an ultrasound to make sure he still has plenty of fluid. If he hasn't shown up by Monday the doctor wants to induce. I really don't want to induce. Ceasareans are 3 times more likely with induction, labor is generally more uncomfortable with induction and the body is often confused about when to push with induction. So everyone cross your fingers and hope things get started before Monday.

No comments: