November 20, 2005

Poker

So it turns out I am not very good at poker. Not surprising since tonight was pretty much the first time I have played it for real. It was still fun playing. It with Mark and Liz though because they've never really played it before either. I don't think I will ever play it with Dieter. Because he is good, quite good, and will not hesitate to inform me that I am bad, quite bad. What he doesn't understand is that I don't care. We aren't playing for money and I don't expect to be good. I'm OK with that, he isn't.
It's Thanksgiving break and I am very happy. A week of sleeping in, no homework, no grading, nothing I need to do except work on my thesis. Which means I will actually get something done on it, which will make me happy. Well I also need to finish getting ready for Layden but I don't think I have too much left to do in that department, except prepare mentally. Only 2 more weeks, plus or minus a week or more. So pretty much anytime now. I am starting to get really excited. Just think in less than a month I will be a mom. Scares you all doesn't it?

No comments: