November 25, 2005

It's 3:00 do you know where your title is?

We sold the Tercel today, thank goodness. Don't have to think about that anymore. One of Oli's coworkers bought it for her son to drive, she actually likes that it is the gutless wonder. Unfortunately she lives in Idaho, which means I will have to get the special replacement title that costs $30 and takes 6-8 weeks to get. Let this be a lesson to you, don't lose your title, it is a pain in the arse.
Dieter's family was here for Thanksgiving. So I didn't have to drive anywhere, yet I also did not have to cook anything. Good deal. The house was a bit full though, seven people and I was the shortest at 5'8". Oh and Koira, can't forget the dog. We had the added excitement of waking up to a power outage this morning. Sometime about 8:20 am someone ran their car into a pole and knocked out the power. At least they didn't do it yesterday. The Olsons headed back home a bit ago and now the house is very quiet, perhaps too quiet... nope just a nice quiet.
I am all by myself now since Oli is at work and Dieter has left to do homework. They currently have Oli scheduled to work from 3 pm to 2 am and then again Saturday at 7 am. I'm not even sure that is legal, but we figure that they just didn't notice when they scheduled him and he is going to ask to have that 7 am moved back to at least 10 am.
I don't know what I will do now. Maybe get some exercise and take a walk up to the park. Feed the ducks some. I think with all this cold weather they are feeling a bit neglected. They don't wait for you to reach the pond any more. As soon as you enter their line of site they are out of the water and mobbing you. Aunt Karla and I took Koira for a walk yesterday and fed them the nasty, cheap, off brand cheerios I had bought. Aunt Karla argues that you have to get the name brand cheerios, but I think the middle priced ones are good too, just not bottom of the line. This led Uncle Dave to comment that he would like to tour some of those food factories, giving Aunt Karla visions of a retirement spent touring places like General Mills and Heinz.

No comments: