October 19, 2005

You did this to me!

Bruce will be spending the winter in a refrigerator on campus hibernating. Dr. Verrel generously offered to refrigerate him when he does his own. Apparently it makes for a happier turtle. So next Tuesday he will be going to school with me. Hopefully they will let me take a turtle on the bus. Though he isn't very big so I guess I could smuggle him.
We had our fourth week of class yesterday. There were two new couples who are each quite little (the pregnant bellies I mean). We learned about whole grains, the first stage of labor and about various labor positions. Apparently I can expect my emotions to go from excited/lets clean the house/this is wonderful to serious/this is it/I can do this to totally focused/don't distract me to what the hell was I thinking/give me the drugs/I give up/you did this to me! Also through out this process I will lose any shred of modesty I once had. Luckily that last bit the "you did this to me" bit is the shortest and usually only about 15-30min. Though no one is making any promises. In our little work book they have rings labeled with cm to show how far we dilate. For some reason I find this very disturbing, more so than actual pictures of women giving birth, it makes no sense.

No comments: