October 4, 2005

Tap-dancing elephants


Today in class we learned about nutrition. Several studies have found that proper nutrition in pregnancy can virtually eliminate ecclampsia, other complications and infant mortality. Especially, eating 80-100 grams of protein each day can prevent eclampsia. Eggs and milk are particularily recommended. I am starving, I swear Layden is stealing 4 out 5 calories that I eat. I wake up at four in the morning starving. I eat breakfast, and not a puny breakfast, and ten minutes later, I'm starving. I go to class and I'm starving... Sharing may be a difficult concept for a fetus.
In other news my cousin Jens broke his collar bone today in a biking accident. Making this more newsworthy is the fact that my aunt and uncle are currently in Russia. So Dieter was a bit stressed (he apparently had visions of Jens' face being scraped along the road) leading to him playing a very good round of golf. Apparently stress improves his game.
Our neighbors have a visitor + two large golden retrievers. This means when the dogs get excited it sounds like a herd of tap dancing elephants. Funny thing is there is a place we had the Tercel parked next to the building alongside their driveway and they told us they were concerned about hitting it. So we move it. Now there is a medium SUV parked there. Very curious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you had anyone interested in the Tercel yet?

Chelsea said...

yes but she only wants to pay 2200