October 24, 2005

34 weeks!

The phone rang last night after I had gone to bed but was not yet asleep. I hear Dieter answer and say "I think she's asleep, can I take a message?" So I get up and Dieter says some college guy called. Now to be truthful I don't know that many college guys, especially ones that would call at 10:30 at night and not leave a message. I' m just not that social or popular. Well it turns out the college guy is my 15 year old brother. Who when I called him back was also confused because he thought Dieter was Oli and wondered why he was treating him so strangely. I guess Jake can feel special because he sounds like a college guy.
Dieter is playing his new golf game complete with exciting commentary and heartbeat sound effects."Gotta be happy with that birdie... Gotta be happy with any birdie" Long drives also get rocket take-off sound effects. A real pulse racing sort of game.
We met our parents (me and Dieter's) up in Coeur d'Alene for lunch for our birthdays. Nice seeing everybody, my little cousins are getting so old, and tall. Mapquest lied to me though, it told me it would take two and a half hours to get there, but it didn't. It only took barely two hours so we were really early meeting my mom.
Another Dr.'s appt. today. Everything is going like it should be. At 34 weeks I would have to go up to Spokane to deliver but at 35 I could stay in Pullman and at either chances are very good. 99% of babies born at this stage survive and most without any long term issues. I have started making a sling to carry baby around in. They say babies who are carried more by their moms cry less, learn faster and all sorts of other goods things. I'll take whatever help I can get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear sister...when ever i think to call you it is too late to call you or i'm in class. this is beastly. I feel as though i've been neglecting you. i don't like that. hope to talk to you soon.

Chelsea said...

I think it was like 10:30

Anonymous said...

Your sister has a boyfriend - Mom