September 30, 2005

Pitcher a Piece

We tried out the new mediterranean restaurant in town this evening. A bit disappointing, over priced. Oli had shrimp pasta, it was shrimp on top of pasta, with a grilled under-ripe tomato, $15. Oli and Dieter both ordered a pint of Mack and Jacks (beer). The waiter comes out with a pitcher and two glasses and says "the other one will be out in a minute, we didn't have anymore pitchers clean." I am not sure exactly what he was thinking... that Oli and Dieter would each drink a pitcher of beer (strongly alcoholic beer) after which I will be dragging them out to the car, through mud puddles, which hopefully sobers them up enough to get in the car because I can't lift them that high. Maybe Dieter wouldn't be that bad off his liver has been in conditioning but Oli would be.
I will not be having fun this weekend. I have grading, lots and lots of grading. This is a 20 min./section quiz instead of a 10 min./section quiz. And I need to be studying for an evolution exam. Livin' it up at WSU.
There is a kinda strange guy in my ecology in evolution classes. One day a couple weeks ago he sits down right next to me in ecology lecture and proceeds to invade my personal bubble and quiz through out the lecture on what the professor just said. Then he sits next to me in evolution lab and when he looks over at my paper he rests his head on my shoulder. I'm just confused. He knows I'm married (though at one point he kept referring to Oli as my boyfriend), and that I am pregnant (though he did have to be told, he hadn't noticed). So, yeah, confused. Maybe he just doesn't have a personal bubble. He isn't creepy and it doesn't seem like he is hitting on me, but then as far as I know nobody has ever hit on me, maybe I am just oblivous. But that would make him awfully desperate (a pregnant married lady?) so still not flattering.
We are watching Chris Rock stand up. Pretty funny. He did a bit about how he likes rap but it is getting hard to justify it on an intellectual level. Lyrics like "Till the sweat drips from my balls..."
Well I should really either get some grading done or go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy just came and sat down next to you one day?? Crazy and weird. Hey I'm going to be down in Pullman on Thursday and I want to see you and Oli. Tabby and I are leaving on Friday to go home for a wedding. Anyway let me know what a good time would be in the evening!!
-Shanell