June 7, 2007

Boy falls in box

Well yesterday went even better than the first day with Christy. She seems to be done teething. Layden even brought her toys rather than merely allowing her to play with some. Lisa came over and we had chili and watched "Failure to Launch". It was my first time trying to make something in the crock pot and it turned out pretty good. Last night Layden was entertaining himself pushing his stroller around when he apparently backed in to the box, tripped and landed in it. He was fairly upset and first but got over it pretty quick.
Today I finally got around to grocery shopping so I don't have to put up with whatever I manage to scrape up. I also bought tableclothes to turn into curtains and sheets to turn into a duvet cover. Some might wonder "Why not just buy curtains and a duvet cover?", the answer is I am too cheap. I also couldn't even find a duvet cover I liked. Today Layden discovered that it is very very fun to ride his little rocket on the sidewalk down the hill. You can get going so fast, so much fun. I didn't think that was such a good idea so I let him go down once, stopping him every few feet, then I had to carry the rocket back up. I think it will have to stay an inside toy or someday I will hear him giggling gleefully and turn to see him shooting down the hill.

2 comments:

Not Lucy said...

That is such a great photo!

Rebecca said...

what about picayune papers
like the pickwick papers from little women
i just finally got around to reading your last week of posts. you've been busy