May 5, 2007

Figuring stuff out.

Today we had a busy day. First thing this morning Layden and I went on a 7 mile walk with Lynda. Layden fell asleep for about the last half hour, thereby delaying his nap until around 4ish. We came home and Layden played outside while I worked on finishing off the gravel in the front yard. Then we came in and I mixed up dough for bread, cinamon rolls and plain rolls. I put half as much yeast as I should have in one batch but it turned out just fine. Probably because I locked the dough in the bathroom with the space heater, close to 80 in there I would guess.
Eventually I got Layden to take a nap. While he was napping I finished baking, washed dishes, made the final cold frame, started some laundry and generally tidied. I finally woke him up at about 6:40 and he was not impressed, he did not want to be awake. We went down to Lynda's at about 7:30 and watched "Night at the Museum". Then Layden was all wound up and we played for a bit. He is really starting to figure things out. When we got there I took him out of the truck he followed me straight to the door and waited for Lynda to come open it. Then when it was time to leave I put on his coat, Lynda said good by and he waved. He held my hand to get down the stairs and then held it all the way straight to the truck. When I opened the door he tried to climb in on his own.
We got back home around 10:00 and he really wasn't ready for bed so we went downstairs to clean. I got the main room tidied up and swept. It looks immeasurably better now. The floor is clean, the junk is put away, and there is even a rug on the floor. I started working on the workshop but that is a much bigger project. I got the downstairs bed made up with clean sheets and everything. The Olsons will be staying at our house next weekend since they are coming down for Dieter's graduation. If you don't book hotels about 4 years early around here they become difficult to find around this time. We won't be here to visit unfortunately. We will be visiting my family, fortunately. It is good because we will have extra motivation to tidy the house before leaving and it is ever so much nicer to come home to a tidy house.

3 comments:

Brita said...

I didn't know that you will be gone. This is sad...

Chelsea said...

I am touched that you will miss me. Or more accurately, Layden.

ktdodat said...

when will you be over here, I would like to arrange my schedule so I can see you, or more accurately...