April 16, 2007

Daddy's Helper

IMG_7720.JPG
Today we finally started building the wall. It is going pretty well. We have about 2/3 of the bottom layers that we have to level done and more than half of the total wall done. When we first started I questioned where we would get the dirt to level out the lawn. Now I am questioning what we will do with all the dirt we dug out for the wall. We have to drive to Pullman to get the gravel for behind the wall and unfortunately the truck can only handle half a yard at a time. So far we have used a yard of gravel and we will probably need between two and three yards total. Layden, Tristan, Evan and the Kitty all wanted to get in on the action. For a bit the neighbor boys would just stand and stare at us while we built the wall. I think they finally figured out what all the digging is about. It is raining now. Hopefully it will clear up by tomorrow afternoon, Oli expects to be sore so he will probably take a break tomorrow morning. The blocks are heavy enough that I don't want to do it all on my own. So tomorrow morning I will probably go to do some research on my thesis. I got a first draft of the proposal done today, hopefully that will get turned in soon so I can get the project I am already working on approved.
At one point today I asked Oli where Layden was, he looked around and said "She has him." She who? Why does she have him? She was our neighbor Sarah and why is because he was headed off down the neighbors driveway to the Catholic church. Today I gave Sarah all of our little cloth diapers and some covers she has decided to give it a try.

No comments: