April 26, 2007

CO

Cookie Dough
We had bit of excitement last night. We were watching "Over the Hedge" when the smoke alarm went off, only it wasn't the smoke alarm it was the carbon monoxide detector. Great. So I went around opening windows, opened the door, and in the kitchen discovered that a burner had been left on. So I shut the burner off, grabbed Layden some pants and headed outside to call Oli. Then we went to the neighbors for a bit and watched American Idol with Joe. Or tried to watch it while keeping Layden out of everything. Finally I went home and took the battery out put it back in and it stopped beeping so we went to bed. Sadly my cell phone has been acting up, only quietly beeping not ringing. So went Oli called to check I didn't wake up, Oli of course didn't know why I didn't answer so he drove all the way over to check on me and then had to go back to work and didn't get home until 5:00.
Today I picked up so lumber for raised beds and when Oli starts his 7 on tomorrow hopefully we can get them built. Right now Layden is sitting on my lap being amazingly good. He has pushed very few buttons and is being wonderfully cuddly. I do love the cuddly. Scratch that he just tried to kick the computer to the floor. I think it is time for bed.

No comments: