January 4, 2007

Walker

Well we now have a walker on our hands. Luckily as yet he isn't a terribly skilled walker. He can do about 4 ft pretty well then loses his balance and goes back to crawling. He enjoys pinballing around the living room furniture. The funny thing is unless his hands are full he generally walks around with his hands up over his head. Like he wants to be sure that we can see what a big boy he is, look ma, no hands.
This morning I got up it was sunny and not too cold so I decided that after lunch I would walk downtown since I needed to go to the library. By lunch we had 2" of snow. By the time we were ready to go there was 4". We walked any way since I figured I could get the car down the hill but I wasn't sure if a) I would be able to stop it at the bottom or b) get it back up the hill. On my way into town I saw one car that couldn't get up the hill and then saw another that could stopped when it reached the bottom, however the car in front of it could. Now we have about 6" and last I heard the main road to Pullman had been cut off for a few hours because of a jack-knifed semi. The power lines have a pretty good coating of nice heavy snow and the power has already flickered a couple of times, hopefully it won't go. No power=no heat.

No comments: