January 27, 2007

Hugging the Honeys

Today we had the funeral and Layden and I spent the time out in the hall/lobby since he couldn't sit still. Then we went to a restaurant in a hotel in Moscow. The lunch/dinner seemed to last forever. Luckily because it was in a hotel Layden could wander around the lobby and halls. He met too little girls and gave them both hugs, one was about 18 months and the other about 24ish months, I would guess. Then I picked him up and he gave me a hug, the first that was really and truly definitely a hug. All other times could just have been clinginess but he definitely hugged my head a couple of times. The second little girl wouldn't take her hands out of her pockets when he hugged her so he gave her a second one, just for good measure. He also flirted with various female staff members. Furthermore he walked up to a strange man at the funeral home and wanted him to pick him up and then didn't particularly want me when the man brought him over. He was just a social little man today.
After lunch while Layden and I were wandering about the lobby, who should I see but Tammy. Tammy used to live in Pullman and I worked in a lab with her and will hopefully be doing my senior thesis with her. Now she lives in Nebraska. Last year I also just happened to meet her when I randomly decided to stop at a coffee shop, strange.
We came home and Layden took a nice nap until about 7:00 and we grown ups played pinocle. Joy and I whipped the boys 2 games out of three, even more impressive though, Frank got double pinocle three times in a row. Coincidence? I think not. Layden really likes the chips and had a lot of fun with a miniature deck of cards I gave him to strew about the house. Then I played 52ish card pick up. Now Layden has gotten his daddy to read him a book again, he was quite adamant. So very, very sweet.

No comments: