December 6, 2006

Signing

As you can see Layden has been keeping busy. He is determined to leave no stack undisrupted, no pile shall remain piled! He even managed to disrupt the transfer of files from the old laptop to the new. It is a lot of fun to turn the little indicator light for the power strip on and off, it is also fun to unplug the router. This led to much not-fun for mommy and almost lost a great many photos. This Saturday Layden and I will be going snow shoeing. So today I will be going shopping for snow boots, or work boots, or something. I have been meaning to get some and this is the motivation.
We have decided that Layden is at the point where an attempt to teach him sign language has a chance of being both beneficial and successful. Please wish us luck in this venture. He is so good at imitating us already that it just might work. His current "sign" for hungry is trying to rip off my shirt. I am hoping we can work out something a bit more subtle.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

excellent posts lately. i'm catching up while I have my computer moved to a room with wireless...good to hear news and video...

ktdodat said...

baby sign is great, just so you don't send him to daycare where he madly signs "cracker... please...? Cracker... please...? Cracker!" with more and more intensity and the poor daycare girl (aka me) tries madly to figure out why he has giant tears streaming down his face because she doesn't happen to know the sign for crackers... of course it doesn't help when the crazy Romanian lady I worked with barely spoke English, let alone baby sign and thout he was being ornery... Moral of the story, don't stick your children in daycare centers & I am so glad I don't work there anymore...

Anonymous said...

If it helps, there are other kids in my class that are Layden's age, and they know a bit of sign. It is a very helpful tool.
Shanell