September 18, 2006

Early Morning Visit

This morning I woke to the sound of the door opening. I had assumed it was Oli getting home. Then I hear the pitter-patter of little feet not the sneaky sound of big Oli feet. Then I hear noises in the basement. Then I hear whispers outside my bedroom door, occasionally catching my name. "she's in there...whisper whisper...Chelsea...whisper whisper" then pitter-patter they leave the house. Then Oli gets home, very tired. Oli gets in bed and the door opens and pitter-patter Tristan and Evan are back. They whisper outside the door and Tristan starts making wierd noises. Because there is a 2" gap under the door it sounds like they are inside our bedroom. At this point Oli sent them home. I would have earlier but I was still in denial about being awake. Layden was still sleeping and I wanted to too. Tristan came in again while I was washing dishes and I told him he should knock when he comes in and then ignored him. He left out the basement door so I went out, grabbed the laundry and then locked the doors. He tried the downstairs door, then he tried the front door, then and only then did he knock. I sent him home. I should probably go talk to Sarah about their early morning visit. Maybe after Layden finishes his nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better the pitter patter of little neighbor boy feet than the pitter patter of spider feet! - Mom

Anonymous said...

If they boys start making a habit of visitin unannounced you might want to have some kind of signal for them to know when it is ok to come over. Like the curtains being open (I know you don't have curtains) or a flag or something in a window or you could just start lockiing the doors I suppose. - Mom