May 6, 2006

Smile at my baby

The home buying process continues. We have asked them to take care of any electrical problems and to take some money off the asking price for the multitude of other small repairs that are needed. We would rather do the other little repairs ourselves. You can see where they have done some repairs and you can see that they weren't terribly handy. For example where they installed the air conditioner they plastered it in and it is not pretty. One of the windows is missing a pane and needs to be replaced but it really should be expanded so that the room can be a legal bedroom. If they replace it I doubt they would expand it. Also the bathroom floor might need replacing and I would much rather pick out the new floor than have them choose it. Hopefully this will work out. I am looking forward to having walls that aren't white. Though we are thinking of painting the living room a light beige/parchmenty color. The kitchen will probably be a green color.
Layden is still very cute. He hasn't been eating as often, sometimes I try to feed him and he becomes very angry when I remove his fingers from his mouth. I used to think parents were silly about their children, sure theirs were cutest, smartest, most athletic etc. Then I was walking along and I found myself scowling at a man as he walked away because he hadn't smiled at my baby. Sad.

No comments: