April 15, 2006

Sick

Well Oli seems to be just about done being sick and I am almost done. Layden started being a bit sick yesterday, occasionally coughing and with a runny nose. He was very snorty last night with his nose all plugged up, poor little guy. He doesn't seem to mind too much and is taking it pretty well.
Last night he slept in the bassinet thing from the Olsons and it worked pretty well. I think part of the reasons he woke up in the middle of the night was that I would move and wake him up, so he would fuss and wake me up. He didn't mind getting moved out of the bed at all. Today I got home from dinner with Oli and set him on the floor to take off my coat and shoes, turned around to change his diaper because he was quite wet and the boy was already asleep. I think being sick is making him extra tired. Reading a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child I realize how incredibly lucky I am. It has a long list of various soothing options to try and says in most cases you have to always look out for drowsy signs and have set schedules, bedtimes and regular naps to avoid crying and fussiness. Lucky for me Layden isn't most babies, he is Super Baby. I didn't even really catch on to his sleepy cues until sometime last week. I could have had a fussy colicy baby just like I was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the picture!