April 18, 2006

Runny noses

I was all excited last week because the Chem students had an exam so I had no grading to do. Well, they have an exam this week not last week so I did have grading to do and now I have a much shorter time to do it in.
Layden is doing well. His nose is still a bit runny but otherwise he is doing good. I think he laughed for the first time today. Atleast it sounded like a laugh to me. He had a lot of fun playing "Super Baby" this morning when I woke up. The simplest things are so exciting for him. When ever I set him down he rolls straight onto his stomach and then flails about with his legs and arms in the air. Once he figures out to put the appendages down and the belly up he is going to be hard to keep up with. After a bit he gets tire of being on his stomach and not being able to get anywhere so I roll him back over. Boom, he rolls straight back to his stomach, a shorter period of time and he starts fussing again. Silly guy.
Layden and I went to drop of some quizzes and do some grading while Daddy went to the presentation of the Edward R Murrow award to Tom Brokaw. Apparently the presentation went well and it was so packed that Oli ended up seated behind the stage watching on the big screen. The grading didn't go so well since Layden was tire but wouldn't go to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He does not look so happy here! Poor baby has to comfort himself with his little fingers! I think he needs to visit his grammy!