January 16, 2006

Snow

Well it is snowing again, pretty heavily actually. It is sticking a good bit so we will have to see how long it lasts. Oli got himself a new "toy", a carpet cleaner. He tried it out and half of our living room is much nicer, the other half is full of furniture. Layden is taking his nap in the papasan for a bit since the cradle is trapped behind the couch. He doesn't seem to mind.
Now it may seem strange that this idea didn't occur to me before last night but I decided I would try putting him to sleep rather than just waiting until he felt like it. The attempt met with mixed success. I got him to sleep but then I couldn't get to sleep, I didn't start to feel drowsy until he decided it was time to wake up and make a mess in his diaper. Oh well, I may try again tonight.
Oli goes back to work tonight and is not looking forward to it. Neither of us likes night shift, it isn't even close to being worth the extra $3 an hour. Unfortunately it also seems that Oli is not likely to get moved to another shift anytime soon since they have managed to find people to replace all the traveling techs. So we may be moving sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Layden get to play in the snow? You need to take a picture of him in his first snow. Mom