September 5, 2005

cheeky rocks

Well the apartment is starting to approach order. We made some shelves for in the spare bedroom closet so now our tools and other assorted crap has a home. Now all we need is some shelves for our books and most everything will be unpacked.
As I was unpacking I found certain boxes where I had to ask myself "What the heck were you thinking?" Totally unrelated items should not be packed together. For example match books should not be packed with paint stripper.
Oli's diploma is framed and on the wall now with an extra frame for when he passes his boards. We got lucky at office depot and found nice document frames for $3 each. Now I just need to get a diploma so he can stop showing me up.
It seems like even Bruce is happy to be in Pullman rather than Yakima he is much more active and I have actually seen him trying to eat a guppy (I have not yet seen him succeed, though I theorize that he must occasionally because we have fewer fishes than we began with and some of them are significantly smaller than any we bought). However it is also possible that he is just pissy from being sloshed around. He is taking out his aggression on one of his rocks which seems to particularily annoy him, or maybe he is playing, or maybe the rock is cheeky, I don't know.
Layden is keeping busy hiccuping, doing summersaults and occaisionally a pommel horse routine. Now when he moves I can see my tummy developing assorted lumps and bumps. It reminds me of that scene in Alien, which I haven't actually ever since but since getting pregnant have had described enough times that I feel like I have.
Oli is enjoying his new job, his lawn and push reel mower, Dieter's XBox, and reminding me that HE no longer has homework. He is proud of his shelves (and rightly so) and working on plans for a bed frame.
Planarity it turns out is much more addictive than I would have anticipated for a game that is the computer version of untangling increasingly tangled balls of string. So far I have made it through level 21. That is 21 balls of string, I have to ask myself why that is so entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good that you are all much happier in Pullman! I don't like that you are twice as far away but I guess I will have to learn to deal! Planarity is indeed addictive but you get to a point where there just isn't enough room on the screen! I have made it to 33 and would like to go further but await changes that will make it possible ~ Mom