August 28, 2005

Mine all mine

I have my husband back!
I don't understand how some people can handle living seperate from their spouse for long periods. If 2 weeks bothers me this much I don't even want to contemplate a month, or, god forbid, a year. Well it doesn't matter because he is back in the same town and mine, all mine.
On a less happy note my brother has broken his radius and ulna just above the wrist, a clean break luckily. There is a slightly funnier side to the story though. As they put him under anesthesia to set the bones he mumbles "losing visual contact" the nurse asks what he just said and he repeats "losing visual contact".
Oli seems to have lost the slip of paper he needs for work that certifies he does not have TB. Its all part of the magic of moving. Black magic that is. We drove over last night and my car was so loaded down that hills were iffy and any bump larger than a straw upset the shocks. Then Oli nicks a 3-point (estimated) buck. This is why he was leading in the truck, his headlights actually make things brighter and a buck would probably total my car. We have established the First Law of Moving - however many loads you think it will take, add at least one more (extra if you think people might decide to give you large items before you move. The Second Law is - pack whatever you want to keep first, because as you reach then end you will decide that it is just easier to take it all out to the dumpster. Further laws are in the drafting stage.
I will meet my new OB tomorrow. If she tells me that I can't pet cats because they have a virus I am turning around and walking right back out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that virus thing that cats COULD have is if there is more than one, and if they share a littler box...which you clean out. Even if they are infected, you would have to be the one cleaning the litter box, because you'd only get it from fecal contact...so wear gloves! Problem solved :) Yay for Oli being back!

Chelsea said...

And another important facet is that it is a parasite and not a virus. But that is what my old midwife told me.

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me about almost hitting a buck! I am glad you have Oli back - now you have two people keeping you from hurting yourself and my grandson!!!!!
Mom