August 3, 2005

Calm before the storm


We are now in the calm before the storm. Layden Richard, our first, is due to join us on December 10th, 2005 (plus or minus 7 days). Everyone, including us, is very excited. However comments have not all been particularly encouraging. For example "Me and my husband got along fine, then we had children" or from my mother "I hope your baby is just like you" (this sounds nice, but I was a colicky baby. I didn't sleep for longer than an hour or two at a time and I went through many, many diapers each day).
I read the comics and I am starting to be afraid that one day I will be able to identify with "Baby Blues"


So yeah, I'm gonna be a stay at home mom in just a few short months. I remember being in junior high and saying I would never be a stay at home mom, but then I also thought french kissing was gross, and that I would never have kids cuz penises are scary. Yet more proof that teenagers have no clue what they are talking about.
All the same I am looking forward to having Layden. There is just something about boys that messes with a girl's mind. They can convince you that all sorts of things you thought would never do or want are actually a very good idea. So now I am looking forward to a daily routine of diapers, nursing, diapers, nursing, cleaning, diapers, nursing, cooking, diapers, nursing... you get the idea. Don't get me wrong, I am not all that upset about it. It isn't like I actually want a to have a job or anything. And I certainly want to be there for my kids and not hear all about the little miracles in their lives from a nanny.

1 comment:

Mise en Place said...

Yes it is the calm before the storm but what a wonderful storm it is. It is also a daily grind of diapers, nursing, diapers,cooking etc. but it all goes by so fast....ENJOY it! Best of luck with your pending arrival.